- 20-Feb-2014 to 07-Mar-2014 (EST)
- 001020 - HR Herndon
- Wichita, KS, USA
- Full Time
Working at the world's leading aircraft manufacturer means being part of a high-performance team where everyday you will exchange ideas and expertise with colleagues from different countries and nationalities, disciplines and backgrounds.
It is an opportunity to help design and manufacture the most eco-efficient, state-of-the-art aircraft. Push the boundaries of technology. Explore possibilities. Work in an environment where everyone has the same goal: to be the best they can possibly be.
Whether you're an experienced professional or new graduate, student or school leaver, if you share our passion for aviation and drive for excellence, this is your chance to be part of the next chapter of our unique and exciting story.
This position will serve as the HR Business Partner supporting all functions of the HR department of Airbus Americas for the Engineering customer primarily in Wichita, KS supporting a population of 300 - 400.
The incumbent will deliver a high quality customer focused service to specific Airbus Americas leaders and employees and will support the strategic direction of the Human Resource function.
To be successful in this position, the incumbent is likely to have achieved previous wide experience in Human Resources and have gained a working knowledge in Career Development, Organizational Development, Compensation and Benefits, Training & Development, Performance Management and Change Management. Attitude and behavior are critical to ensure success in this role. The incumbent must be seen as a role model to their customers, displaying exemplary behaviors aligned with the Airbus Values & Behaviors at all times.
Additional Duties and Requirements:
- Provide management and guidance to leaders and employees in all related HR areas in support of Engineering and HR business objectives
- Support implementation of organization development and change management programs
- Manage employee relation activities, provide coaching and counseling to ensure effective outcomes
- Manage the coordination of performance management, training and development, people review, succession planning and career development
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment activities including new employee orientation
- Management of the Airbus Americas Reward & Recognition program
- Support the exit process of terminating employees
- Support integration activities
- Coordinate compensation administration and ensure consistent administration of compensation policy during the recruitment and hiring process
- Responsible for employee activities and appreciation event coordination
- Supports HR Director with various HR projects, reporting and data collection, presentation coordination and serves as HR representative in Engineering Management meetings as required
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Professional communication skills focused on customer service and support of office community and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Office Suite including Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- 10-15% Travel required, both domestic and internationally.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Requires a BS degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 8-10 years of equivalent experience in Human Resources.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
To learn more about the benefits of employment with Airbus Americas, please click on the Benefits link under the Resources area of the Current Job Listings page.
Airbus Americas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Americas does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.